Bible Verse of the day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 11, 2008

Our Niece is here!

We are very excited today. Megan delivered Beth Anne by C-section at 12:52 this afternoon. Beth weighed in at 6 lbs 15 ounces. Almost a full pound lighter than the ultrasound predicted 2 weeks ago. She was 18 1/2 inches long. She has a good bit of dark hair and dark eyes, its hard to tell for sure but I think I might have seen a fleck of hazel in them. It is kind of hard to tell who she looks like at this point, although we have decided she has Gary's ears.

We got to watch while they did her Apgar and got her all cleaned up. I don't think Gary has stopped smiling yet. She is a mover, she kept spreading her legs out (appreciative of the room and lack of resistance, I'm sure) like she was doing a Russian split. Her feet are small too.

Megan is doing well, in a little pain of course but happy to have that part over with. Now on to the good stuff.

Austin's new trick for today is blowing kisses. I've been doing this since I've been sick lately and have been reluctant to get too close to him. Guess he learned it that way. It is really cute, he blew Aunt Megan some kisses today (he blew lots of people kisses today). Too cute!

It is hard to believe that Austin was tinier than Beth. Well kind of. He was longer and weighed less. I guess that inch goes a long way when they are that size. The baby bug has definitely bit us, hopefully we will be blessed with another soon.

No comments: