Austin has had a few new developments this week. This week Austin has figured out how to put his pacifer in his mouth, the right way. He still gets it upside down on occasion, but the avent pacifers aren't shaped in such a way that it matters. He has also started clapping his hands this week. Fortunately, this has replaced his spitting habit for the most part. I tried to snap some pics of him clapping.
He tried prunes and squash this week. He seems to really like them both. I'm giving up on the 3-4 trail period for new foods, I figure he hasn't had any allergic reactions yet and Keith and I don't have any food allergies so maybe he can try everything before he is a year old. He is getting to where he wants to try to feed himself now, he tries to grab the bowl and spoon from me. Cute, but frustrating. I got him some mesh feeders so I'll give that a try sometime soon.
Austin's Jesus Lambs Valentine party was yesterday. I didn't get to go because I was sick, but his Grammie took him. I missed out on all the fun, but he got lots of valentines and Mommy and Daddy ate most of the candy. I did hold out a sucker, I'm considering letting him try it (supervised of course). After his party I tried to get him to take a nap, but apparently his cat nap in the car on the way home was long enough. So, he and I played in his room while Daddy worked on the house. He enjoys dumping the shapes out of his shape sorters and he really enjoys his car. He is quite steady sitting on it, but I'm still nervous letting him sit on it without being right there.
Well, I was going to try to post a few more pictures, but Austin is awake from his nap now. Time to put on my mask (gotta love being sick) and get him out of bed. I'll try to post some more recent pics soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment