Bible Verse of the day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, February 1, 2008

My First Post

Funny how things work out. Last night I was trying to figure out how to get a blog like Mandy and low and behold, Megan sends me an invite to hers. (Great minds think alike!) Lucky for me, it had a link for how to get your own blog. I'm sure that saved me a good bit of time.

I've never been one to keep a journal or diary, and I'm ashamed to admit, I don't keep Austin's baby book the way I should, but I'm going to try to do this.

It has been a rough week. It started with Keith complaining of a sore throat on Monday. He ended up coming home from work early on Tuesday and staying home on Wednesday. Wednesday night Austin cryed during Bible Class. He has never done this before. In fact, he really doesn't cry very often. If he does, it is usually because he is hungry or tired. I don't think Kim knew what to do, so she tracked me down. I was right outside the door so she didn't have to go far. I was surprised that she was looking for me because I didn't hear a peep from him. It was a silent cry. A red-faced, tears-streaming, silent cry. My poor baby. I tried to console him. Finally got him calmed down and put him back in his seat. He cried again! Ok, let's try this again. I walked him around and got him calmed down, and decided I would stay in class with him and just put him in my lap. So I sat down (in one of the little bitty chairs, not the one built into the table though :-)), he cried again. So I figured maybe he was hungry so I went to the office and fed him. That seemed to work. He was fine for the rest of the night.

Thursday morning I was getting him ready to take to 'Grammie's' house and he started the crying again. I decided to check to see if he had a fever. Sure enough, he did. 100.1. I called Linda and let her know that he wouldn't be coming. Then I started trying to call his pediatrian. For some reason the office was closed. So I called Kandis and got the name of Reagan's. I wasn't able to get an appointment with her doctor, but another one in the office had some availability. No wonder, she didn't seem very good. I told her he had a little bit of a cough, his nose had just started running in the last hour, and his eyes were watery. She checked his ears, and barely listened to his breathing. Said there was a little fluid behind 'her' ears, yes you read that right, her ears. I know Austin is a beautiful baby, but he hardly looks like a girl. She thought he had allergies or a virus. Prescribed Claritin and some decongestant even the pharmacist hadn't heard of and didn't carry. He was a little fussy through out the day, but woke up acting more like himself today. Hopefully our weekend will be better.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Yea, so glad you and Megan both are doing blogs now. It's so much fun!!! I hate hearing that Austin is sick and was crying...he's such a sweet baby...I hope he feels better soon. And yes, he is a pretty baby, but a boy, not a girl! What was she thinking? Can't wait to keep up with you guys! Take care!

Jamie said...

I am glad that you are blogging... you have way too much personal info on here though... I hope you made it private so browsers can't see it... if not you should remove your last name and location. I look forward to more posts...
Jamie

Gary, Megan and Beth said...

This is going to be fun keeping up with each others blogs. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. I hope that Austin gets to feeling better. Have a good weekend! Love Aunt Megan

Pablo y Raquel said...

Hey girl! Thanks for the invite to your new blog. You've inspired me...well you Mandy, Melanie, Courtney, etc etc...all those blogs of people I've not seen in years that I saw last night after looking at yours. Even ordered a necklace from Courtney that I'm insanely thrilled about!!
Sorry to hear Austin isn't feeling great. Poor guy, he's always so happy! Hope he's back to his usual adorable self very soon!!

Rachel