Well, I didn't get any pictures for Thanksgiving. We went over to Linda's house and had a traditional Thanksgiving feast. Austin had everything we had except the apple salad and deviled eggs. He has always been a good eater so I didn't expect any problems getting him to eat and didn't have any.
Other events in the past couple of weeks were Joshua's (Austin's cousin) and Peyton's (in his Sunday School class) birthday parties. Joshua's was at Jump 2 It, so Austin got to jump on the big jumpy things. He was a bit hesitant at first, but quickly learned that it was fun. We got a good bit of him and mommy jumping and sliding down the big slides on video. At Peyton's party, he had a good time chasing the big kids and playing with a deflating balloon.
Here is Austin riding the motorcycle at Joshua's birthday party.
Today was a good day. GA Tech beat the Dawgs for the 1st time in 7 years. Afterward, Keith and Austin celebrated with a happy dance. I was going to post the video, but for some reason it won't read on this computer.
Austin is learning a lot. He can now recognize several items in books (balloon, fish, apple, car), some he is learning to say. Balloon is 'boon'. He is saying 'hi', 'joshua', 'go jackets', 'book' and several other things. He likes to feed mommy and daddy his snacks (cheerios and goldfish). He is spinning in circles and dancing. His attention span is growing, he can watch tv for longer periods of time and stays on pages in his books for longer periods of time. He tries to help put his shoes and socks on. Today I noticed him walking on his tip toes. Oh, and he seems to do a weird 'trot/skip' walk a lot now. He doesn't want to climb up the stairs on his knees or come down on his bottom, he has to walk up and down like mommy and daddy do (holding our hands, of course). He seems like he has gotten a lot taller to me, but maybe it is the new shoes. We occasionally catch him singing, I've recognized 'Wheels on the Bus' and 'Read your Bible, Pray Everyday', he likes the 'grow, grow, grow' part.
Austin has been sick the last couple of weeks, as have I. I'm not sure what my problem is and why I can't seem to knock it out of my system. I'm now on my 3rd round with this, hopefully it will be gone after this one.
Austin had a runny nose for several days, after about a week he started coughing so I called to schedule him a doctor's appointment. They weren't able to get him in that day but were able to the next. Overnight his cough went from a dry cough to a productive cough. We were in new territory, I've gotten used to the 'croupy' cough. Dr. James has always been very thorough in listening to him breath given his family history of asthma. She didn't have to listen very long this time, she immediately heard wheezing. Since this is the first time, the diagnosis was Bronchiolitis, if it happens again he will be diagnosed with asthma. Unfortunately, he had to use a nebulizor 3x a day for a week. We were able to go down to 2x a day. He still has the nasty cough, but it isn't anywhere near as frequent. He had his first treatment in the office, boy did he hate that. I had a hard time keeping the mask on him, finally I started singing every song I could think of: Roll the Gospel Chariot, This Little Christian Light of Mine, Jesus Loves Me, on so on. That seemed to calm him down. I had to do this for the next couple of times, but he is much better about sitting and looking at his books, watching tv, or playing with a toy in his lap now. The nebulizer is that little penguin in the background. It has a cute little igloo house for storage.
No comments:
Post a Comment