Bible Verse of the day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Austin!

I can't believe my baby is one already. That was a very fast year. Seems like just yesterday I was at the hospital waiting to hold him in my arms for the first time. It has been a great year, and he is a great baby (soon to be toddler).

We've had a busy couple of weeks trying to get ready for Austin's birthday party. We decided to limit it just to family this year. We had Nana and Granpa, Grammie, Uncle Chris, Aunt Melinda, Cousin Joshua, Uncle Gary, Aunt Megan and Baby Cousin Beth over on Saturday the 21st to celebrate. I decided on a John Deere theme. Everything turned out real cute. Austin got lots of books, several toys and a puzzle. His big gift was a wagon, which he seems to enjoy. He really wasn't very interested in opening presents, but he did enjoy playing with the tissue paper. The cakes didn't taste very good (I think I'll be using boxed cakes from now on or at a minimum a different recipe), but the icing turned out ok. The wheels on the tractor were chocolate, the rest was a buttercream. The chocolate icing was very yummy.

Here are a few pictures of the event. We didn't get any pictures of him opening his presents, that was all on video.










The cake that Daddy decorated.
The cake that Mommy decorated.

I'll post soon with all his recent milestones. I took him to JCPenny on Monday for his birthday pictures, so I'll send those out when I get them.







3 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Austin! Looks like he had a wonderful celebration!!!

Lana said...

I know y'all had a great time! It's amazing how quickly time flies! Happy Birthday, Austin!

Courtney said...

Hey Sheri, Thanks so much for your comment! We feel truly blessed to have this tiny baby boy with us. God knew what he was doing when he saved the both of us on June 19! Hunter is doing so well! He now weighs 4 lbs & 1 oz, whish will change again b/c he gets weighed everynight. I'm doing great, too! I miss Landon & our life together but hopefully, Hunter & I will be out of here soon. Thanks for your prayers! We love you all!