Bible Verse of the day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Snipets

I thought I would post a couple of updates before I start my work day. Austin's third tooth came in last week, so now he has 2 bottom teeth and one top tooth. His next top tooth will be in any day (if not today, he is still asleep). He is starting to understand what you are saying. He definitely understands no and likes to test limits. He plays a game where he will go to something he knows he is not supposed to then act like he is going to touch it or go into the other room and just look back at you and grin. I said that I didn't want him using a pacifier after his top two and bottom two teeth came in so I've been trying to ween him off it. I let him have it in his bed and we take it to church and to restaurants in case of whining (which has become more frequent due to teething only I hope). Before I will get him out of his crib, I tell his to take out his paci and say 'Bye bye'. He grabs it and throws it down. He has also learned how to kiss. I don't know if he does it with everyone, but he definitely does for mommy and daddy. He now gives us kisses night night. Its cute, he started out with an open mouth tongue on the brink of sticking out and he would go for the mouth. I have no idea why he wanted to kiss the mouth because I've always kissed his cheek or forehead. Now he has brought his tongue back in and leans in to kiss your cheek with his mouth slightly open.

We think he is also learning to talk. For a while there he was making new consonant sounds every week, but then he got stuck on 'da' for a couple of months. It has been a little sad for me, but we never did think he realized he was saying 'dada' so that made me feel a little better. This week he has started saying 'baby'. If you say it he will repeat it, something he has never done before. When he says it, he sound VERY SOUTHERN.

Oh well, guess I better get to work.

No comments: